Supporting all food businesses through the current trading difficulties and in anticipation of a heightened consumer interest in sustainability, provenance and the true value of British food, Happerley is pleased to make some key announcements:
- We are opening our doors to every food and drink business to become Happerley Transparent for free*, to build the world’s most transparent food and drink network,
- We have built ‘Shop Happerley’ a free to trade online marketplace for every producer to be able to sell directly to the consumer.
- We are fast tracking the implementation of our Happerley Assessment Tool for Sustainability (HATS) allowing all clients to self-audit and showcase their commitment to sustainability for free in a few simple steps, thus producing a sustainability overview instantly accessible through their QR code.
- For existing Happerley members you can apply to suspend your membership payments. Please contact [email protected] or call 01242 222848.
*With a small admin fee of £50.
- The food and drink industry has a long and unpredictable road to recovery ahead, leading to a landscape that will be quite different to the one producers currently trade across.
- We believe our platform and movement is best positioned to empower all British food producers, processors, retailers and consumers to work more closely together with greater transparency and connectivity for the benefit of all.
- We anticipate (and are already seeing) the consumer placing a greater value on the provenance of food and – more broadly, sustainability.
- Online sales are becoming critically important and we see the need and opportunity to provide a free marketplace and shopfront to unite those with shops and those without
- There will be an inevitable surge in food fraud and never will it be more important for the consumer to know the source of their food, and the provenance premium be supported